Get Schedule Notifications
- By farrelldoc
You can receive notifications of schedule changes, additions, and deletions by following the steps below.
Note that we cannot just sign you up for notifications. You must follow the steps below. Please do not email us asking to sign you up; instead, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Send us Information
To sign yourself up for notifications of additions, updates, and deletions to the schedule, send us the following information as instructed below.
- Use the Schedule Notification Form (opens in new window) to send us the email address associated with your Google account (such as Gmail).
- Specify the team calendar or calendars for which you want to receive notifications (Varsity, Junior Varsity, Sophomore, Sophomore White, or a combination of any of those).
If you do not have a Google account, sign up for one, and then forward us your Google email address as instructed above. (You can use your existing email. You do not have to get a new Gmail account.)
After we receive your Google account email address and calendar preference(s), the next steps to receive notifications are as follows.
- We share the Google Calendar of your choice with you and grant you privileges to view the Notifications tab in Google Calendar.
You don’t have to do anything for this step.
- For each Alvin Baseball calendar that you requested, you receive one email from Google inviting you to add that Alvin Baseball calendar to your own personal Google Calendar account.
The email contains a link that you must click. See this note if you don’t yet have a Google Calendar account.
- Click on the link in every Google Calendar invitation email that you receive to add the requested Alvin Baseball calendars to your personal Google Calendar account.
If you have lost or can’t find the emails from Google Calendar, use the alternate method.
Step 3: Set up Notifications
- In your Google Calendar (not the calendar on this website), for each Alvin Baseball calendar that you added (Varsity, Junior Varsity, and so forth), click on the down arrow next to the name of the calendar, and then choose Notifications.
A new window opens to the Notifications tab. See the image below. Click on the image to view it full size.
- On the Notifications tab, click the check boxes next to the type of notifications that you want to receive, and then click Save.
To receive SMS notifications, you must first set up your mobile phone at the bottom of the Notifications tab. For email reminders, just check the box. See the image below.
In addition to a Google account, you must also have a Google Calendar account to receive notifications. If you do not have one, Google sends an email invitation to you with a link to sign up when we grant you privileges. When you get that email inviting you to sign up for Google Calendar, click the link, and follow along. Then return to Step 2, item #2.